When the sun comes out, you've got to go out and play

2.17.2010

Well Shelby, you should of stayed an extra week. The weather today was 68 degrees without a cloud in the sky. It was a perfect day to take a trip up to the Berkeley hills to visit the Little Farm.


Upon arriving Ava ran over to the fence, points, screams "Cows Mom, cows!", and then excitedly jumps up and down for a few seconds. I guess it's been awhile since I last took her on an outing to the farm.


Once Ava noticed just how large the cows were she quickly announced that she wanted to see the chickens. So here she is peering at the chickens and geese, who are not as intimidating.


Then she felt brave enough to go peer at the dairy cows, but not brave enough to actually feed them some celery. When I handed her a stalk of celery to feed the cow, she was going to totally do it, until the cow stuck her head through the fence. Then she handed it to me and said, "I want to watch you feed the cow."



Here's Reidy enjoying our little outing in the safety of the bjorn. It was actually quite nice not having to haul the stroller around. I love having little kiddos. Makes my back a lot happier.


On our way back to the car to get some lunch, a bazillion butterflies decided to join us on the trail. They ranged from medium sized bright orange ones to teeny tiny periwinkle ones. Here's Ava watching the butterflies fly by.

Sidenote, notice how Ava is standing on a tree stump. When she saw the stump she proudly announced, "If I saw them cutting down the tree, I would say 'No cut down tree'." We've been living in the bay area for way too long!


After following the butterflies for quite some time we finally made it back to the car to retreive our lunch. Why does food always seem to taste better when you're outside? Ava's showing me what a daddy bite would look like.


Here's the aftermath of the "daddy bite".


Here's my best picture of all of us. Ava says I should finish the post by saying, "I love going to the animal farm." Yep, agreed.

2 comments:

Jared and Krysten said...

Love the pics- Ava is so adorable. Maybe wait a few years to tell Ava that Uncle Jared cut down a tree for Christmas :)

Diane said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all! The weather looks great!