Last hoorah

7.25.2010

During our last week in Cali I wanted to get in as much as we could. One night we left the kiddies back in the WC and heading out to SF for a Giants game.


AT&T Park is pretty freakin' awesome, as ballparks go. It has a gorgeous view of the bay, no matter where you sit you have a great view of the field, and the food was delicious. We of course had to try the Gilroy Garlic Fries. Yum. Sidenote, do you see the Coca-Cola bottle way off in the distance. That is actually a huge slide for kids.


I still cringe every time I see a pic of myself. I just don't realize how red my hair has gotten. No likey. Any tips on how to not look like a giant strawberry?


These canoe-ers are dedicated to the cause. They wait out in the bay hoping to retrieve a home run ball. Which sadly, didn't happen this game.


The week before we moved my parents came out for a visit. Since I knew we'd be packing for most of the week, we made a quick side trip over to the Golden Gate Bridge after they flew in.



Here's a shot of the city from the bridge.


Ava and Grandpa checking out a naval ship that just passed under the bridge.


Ava sure enjoyed getting to walk the bridge with both grandparents hand in hand. We had grand plans of walking the whole length of the bridge. That quickly changed once we started the journey. Not because we were tired, but because the wind is crazy strong.


Once we got back my parents vacation turned into a full time job. While I packed and cleaned, my parents took care of both little kiddos. Which isn't easy. They got the hang of the GPS system in our car and took frequent trips to the park and Jamba Juice.


Here's Reid enjoying his first Jamba. He must of liked it because he drank every last drop.


Here are my parents telling camp stories around the fire (orange balloon). We sold our tv on craigslist that week, so they didn't have very many options of how to fill the time.


Thanks Mom and Dad for being so willing to help us move. There would of been no way we could of made the trip and packed everything up without you. Now you need to plan another trip to come visit us and we promise it will be an actual vacation!

1 comments:

Laurie & Clint said...

While I am sure you guys are happy to live close to family in Utah now, I bet is was hard saying goodbye to beautiful Northern California! What a great opportunity you guys had to live there for a few years!