For this lucky little girl's 4th birthday we decided to venture over for our first visit to the Hogle Zoo.
Once there we had our very own tour guide. Top 3 attractions on Ava's list: kangaroos, carousel, and playground. So off we went on our adventure.
Reid, we really need to work on your "cheese" face. This just isn't going to do.
Of course we had to see how Ava measured up to the apes.
Once inside the kids couldn't believe how big the gorilla actual was.
Reid couldn't keep his eyes off of the big fellow.
After seeing a few more animals we made a mandatory stop at the carousel. Per our tour guides request.
Reid wasn't so sure about this pit stop. The moment the ride ended he immediately wanted to get off. Hope this isn't a sign of how our big trip to Disneyland is going to go!
Ava loved it so much that she had to ride it twice.
Sadly, both times we walked by the kangaroo pen the kangaroo was lying on the grass taking a nap. But we did get to see monkeys, camels, elephants and giraffes. And here is a mountain lion. How would you like to meet one of these in the mountains?
Off to the zoo we go
5.08.2011
Posted by Korey at 10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is your Oakland Zoo pass still good? I believe that you get a discount at Hogle Zoo if you show your membership card. Maybe you know this....
(Our zoo membership is about to run out and I am totally bummed).
How was Hogle Zoo? I haven't been there since I was a kid and back then it was all cages and cement pads.
Mountain lions, aka cougars, FREAK me out!!!
Can you imagine seeing a cougar in person?! So scary! I was a little disappointed with the zoo. But I think I've just been really spoiled with the bay area zoos. I actually felt a little bad for all of the animals. They had metal fences surrounding the animals, which made it hard to take any good picture of them. But the kids still had a great time getting to see all the exotic animals.
Post a Comment