Look Out World

1.14.2008

It’s amazing how much Ava has developed just since the last post. Being mobile has opened up a whole new world for Ava bug. Especially since she learned how to pull herself up on objects. Glasses, books, and phones that were once safe on the coffee table are now in danger of the slobber queen. Baby gates and outlet plug covers have become essential. Besides being miss busy body, Ava has also learned a few new tricks. She is able to say “dada” (despite my attempts otherwise), she has learned how to wave (more like swing her whole right arm widely), she gives open mouth kisses (she actually leans in and kisses our cheeks), and she strongly dislikes peas (just like her dad). Before I forget, I posted a video of Ava crawling. Check it out under the Movies link.

This past month I was released from being a Primary teacher and put in as the Young Women’s Secretary in our ward. The YW’s president has a little boy who is just about a week older than Ava. During our Sunday lesson we put our little kids down on the floor to play around. Immediately Ava crawled right over to her little boy. Anywhere he would go, she would follow. If he climbed onto the garbage can, Ava did it too. If he tried to eat the tree moss, Ava tried. If he tried touching the outlet plug, so did Ava. I think you get the picture. It was so cute watching them play together. Anytime Ava would see the little boy she would do this little squeal. The little boy even gave Ava a wet slobbery kiss on the head. I’ll keep you updated on any future developments :)

0 comments: