I should of tried this sooner

1.19.2008

Maybe this is because Ava is our first child, but we absolutely hate hearing our little princess cry. Especially when we can help it. Ava has always been a great sleeper. She started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks (she has sure spoiled us in that aspect). Up until now, we haven’t enforced a strict bedtime. Just whenever Ava falls asleep, that’s when she goes to bed. Recently she started going to sleep at 11:30, then 12 and then even 12:30 in the morning! After a few weeks, that really took a toll on both Josh and me. I love my daughter to death, but I never realized just how important alone time is to your sanity :) This past week Josh and I grudgingly decided to enforce a bedtime for Ava. After taking a bath, eating a meal, and reading a few bedtime stories, we would put Ava to bed at 9:30 even if she wasn’t asleep. Gulp! The first night she cried for 30 minutes. The second night was a little better, she cried for 10 minutes. And the past two days she hasn’t cried at all. The best part is she doesn’t even wake up any earlier in the morning, even though she is going to be 3 hours earlier. It was hard the first few days listening to our little girl cry. Especially when she would say “dada” over and over. But I must admit, it was soooo worth it!

In Young Womens each Sunday, we get to announce something good that happened this week. I already know what I’m going to say. I’ve been looking forward to it for the past 2 weeks. Josh got this past Friday off from work!!! Sadly, Josh just wanted to stay home all day and relax. But come on, I’m home everyday and wanted to get out of the house. So we compromised and decided to just be out for the morning. The weather has been fabulous this past week. Temps ranging in the high 50’s and low 60’s. So we decided it would be nice to go outside for the day. We decided to go to Mt. Diablo. A mountain (more like a puffed up hill) behind where we live. It is about 4000 ft. tall. The great thing about it was that you could drive your car all the way to the top. It was a little bit foggy, but we could make out the white topped peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains to the east. And then to the west we could see San Francisco and even the Golden Gate Bridge. It’s always nice getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The best part of the day though was eating lunch and In N Out. Mmmm...french fries :)

0 comments: