Josh left bright and early this morning to fly out to Toronto for a business trip. After a stopover at LAX he boarded his plane and got settled in for a 6 hour flight. You must imagine my huge surprise when only a few hours into his connecting flight my phone rings and his caller id pops up. (if you're viewing this on google reader, the flash video won't show. So you'll actually have to go to our website to see the video)
Upon waking up today I had no idea that I would be going to sleep with a sense of extreme gratitude to my Heavenly Father. Taking a queue from Oprah, I thought it would be appropriate to write 5 things I am grateful for today.
Ignorance - I guess the saying is true that ignorance is bliss. Josh didn't call me to tell me what had transpired until he had actually landed safely on ground. I had a minor melt down once we got off the phone, and I knew he was okay. I don't know what would of happened if I had known what was going on during the flight.
Firefighters - Here is a picture that Josh took from the plane once they landed. He said there was a handful of firetrucks following the plane in case anything happened. I am so grateful for the response and preparedness of the firefighters. Even though nothing happened, it is such a relief to know if something had, there would be someone nearby to help.

Flight crew - I cannot express enough how grateful I am for the pilot and the crew. I am so glad that the pilot reported the incident immediately to the tower. I am so grateful for his training that prepared him in landing the plane. He will never know how much I appreciated everything that he did.
Tomorrow - This experience made me realize that you really do not know when you or one your loved ones last day will be. Everyday is such a gift. I will be even more grateful for tomorrow when my husband walks through our front door again.
The Gospel - What a tremendous blessing it is to know that our Heavenly Father is always watching over us. Through the good and the bad, we are never alone. There is never a moment when we cannot come to Him in prayer. It is such a blessing to know that He is there, waiting to listen and comfort us. I am also so grateful for the atonement. That no matter what happens here on earth, we will all be reunited once again in heaven.
9 comments:
Korey, amen to everything on your grateful list! That kind of excitement is indeed best experienced after the fact!
Oh my goodness, that's terrifying! What an awful experience! Did he end up going to Toronto after all? I'm so glad everything turned out okay...
So scary! What a wonderful perspective (attitude of gratitude)you have shared, though.
That is absolutely crazy. It is also wonderful that we can have the comfort that the gospel brings to us. Glad all is well.
I am so glad everything went ok! What a true testament to the powers that watch over us each and every day! Thanks for sharing. I think the world would be a lot better off if we each took time to consider that which we are so blessed with.
WOW!!! That is so scary! Joe told me how the flight attendants were teaching you how to open up the door and the emergency slides to get out in case something happened to them! We are so glad you are safe.
Korey, what happened? I know it must be something really really bad. Thank goodness he is safe.
Man, I'm so grateful everything was ok! What a relief, I would have been freaking out on the plane... and on the flip side, freaking out on the phone when I heard about it saying, "What if???...."
I"M SOOOOOO Glad everything is okay!!!!! Give Josh a hug for us!
Saskia, American Airlines charted a new plane for all the passengers just an hour after they landed. So all the previous passengers got on the next flight and had to sit in the same assigned seats. I don't know if I could of done it!
Post a Comment