I was so excited to take Ava to her very first Easter egg hunt. So on Sat. we took her to our local city egg hunt.
Here's Ava counting up her loot. The egg hunt actually had some pretty funny rules. One, no running (nice thought, but yeah right!). Two, you are only allowed to pick up one Easter egg. Maybe the city was trying to save money, but most of the candy was just thrown out on the grass.
Ava had a blast at the egg hunt. When the announcer said "Go!", she ran out there with her basket and picked up her candy. She was even more excited when she realized that there were Smarties on the ground (her 3rd favorite kind of candy). Once we got home she actually counted out how many Smarties she had gotten. One, two, nine, two, five...gotta love little kids when they are learning to count.
Here we are on our way to church on Easter Sunday.
After lunch Ava got to open her Easter basket. Immediately she started opening her plastic eggs and flinging out the candy, until she came to the one egg that was full of Jelly Bellys. Which she immediately grabbed two handfuls and put them in her mouth. She would not let go of that egg.
Ava also got a little Strawberry Shortcake backpack filled with books. Here she is modeling her new accessory. She loves filling it up with her special treasures and toting them around the house.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. I am exactly 6 days away from my due date. So hopefully the next post I do will be about little Reid! Or as Ava calls him, "baby Reeeee".
Easter
4.15.2009
Posted by Korey at 4:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad to see you guys had a fun trip and a good easter. Good luck with baby Reid! Can't wait to see pictures of him
So cute with the back pack. I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly. I'm excited to see pictures of my new nephew!!!
Yeah! I am so happy to have some new pics of Miss Ava. She does look like a big sister. We are so excited to meet baby Reid. Love you all lots.
Sounds like the egg hunt was fun. Loving Ava's backpack.
Post a Comment