Ready or not

4.27.2009

I'm still pregant. I'm a week past my due date so they had me come in for a non-stress test today. Which is where they monitor the babies heart rate to make sure that he is still doing well. All the results were very positive. So it just looks like our little guy is just happy where he is. He's going to be in for quite a shock tomorrow because the doctor agreed to induce me! I don't think I've ever been so excited to go through so much pain :) I'm so glad that the nurse decided to induce me because we were seriously starting to wonder if I would even go into labor on my own. With Ava my water broke the day after my due date, but I never started contractions. So they had to induce me. Going from 0 -10 rapidly is not something I would want to repeat. Luckily this time I am already 3 1/2 cm dialated and 90 percent effaced. So hopefully it will go much smoother. I am so excited for tomorrow. I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight!

8 comments:

MelissaS said...

Hurray! Hope tomorrow goes well. And, yeah, you probably won't be sleeping too much tonight. Can't wait for updates and PICTURES! Is Josh twittering the event? :)

nbarnum said...

I am so excited for you! The only thing worse than being 9 months pregnant is being 9 months and 1 WEEK pregnant...yuck. Best of luck and congrats! Can't wait for the updates!

Coordination Queen said...

I'm so excited! Probably not as excited as you, but still! I want to hear all about it and see pictures of my newest nephew!!!

Greg & Mary said...

Good Luck!! I can't wait to see pic's of the cute little guy!

Saskia said...

Good luck!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will be thinking of you! Going to the dentist is worse, right? ;)

Kristin said...

Hurray!! I hope to see a post today with a picture!!!!!

KaraLee Anderson said...

Congrats on getting induced! So since I'm reading this post on 4/28 you probably already have your baby. Hope all goes or went well.

Natalie said...

Abby turned one on April 28th. It's a great day. Reid and Abby share a birthday:) Our precious second children born on the same day. Give us stories on the labor experience forsure!!!