Ava's birthday

5.17.2009

I'm horrible, it's been almost 2 weeks since we've celebrated Ava's birthday. Here's the birthday girl in her special birthday shirt. During Ava's afternoon nap we got all of Ava's presents out, tied her balloons to her chair (essential for a 2 year old's birthday), and Josh went and picked up my parents from the airport. When she woke up from her nap she didn't know what to do first. She was smiling from ear to ear the rest of the day.


Besides giving Ava a baby brother for her birthday :) we got Ava this adorable little kitchen. She loves washing her hands in the sink, cooking M&M's (this girl definitely has a sweet tooth), and hanging her pans on the pot holder.


Ever since our trip to the aquarium last month, I knew I had to get Ava a Nemo cake for her birthday. Thank you Coldstone for the awesome Nemo cake! Ava just couldn't get over that she had Nemo on her cake. The best part is that the Nemo and Dory are actually squitter toys, so she gets to play with them even when her cake is gone.

Not to brag or anything, but our little girl blew out her birthday candle on her first blow. We didn't even practice beforehand. She's amazing!


The cake had layers of chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. Ava devoured every last piece of it...with the help of Dory and Nemo. Yep, she's using them as a spoon.


Here's Reid during all the festivities. I am always amazed at how newborns can sleep through pretty much anything.


Happy birthday little girl. We love getting to have you in our family. You make being a mom totally worth every moment. Hope this next year is just as fun as your past year.

3 comments:

MelissaS said...

Happy Birthday to Ava!

Coordination Queen said...

How cute! I love that she had such a good time.

nbarnum said...

The picture on the swings is priceless. That little boy in the corner looks so degected with his head down in contrast to Ava's ecstatic smile! I couldn't stop laughing. Glad she had a good birthday and glad that things are going well!