I'm still pasty white

4.08.2008

Waking up at 2 am, holding an energetic 11 month old for 6 hours, standing in the passport line in Mexico for a few hours, profusely sweating in the back of an unconditioned airport shuttle for an hour, on the return flight missing your connecting flight and staying the night in Salt Lake City. Does that sound like much fun...it was totally worth the effort to go down to Cancun!



This past week we were lucky enough to get to spend a week down in the Riviera Maya with the rest of the Bunting clan. Only one of Josh's siblings had met Ava before our trip, so I was looking forward to getting to introduce her to the family. The first introduction included many tears, but I mostly attribute that to traveling before the crack of dawn and being in a new place. But after the first day Ava adjusted quite well. She loved chillin' poolside, having new places to explore, and eatting sand and drinking the pool water...yuck! But most of all she loved all of her cousins! I think her cousins were just as infatuated with her. Hugs and kisses were frequently exchanged and they all wanted to help stuff Cheerios in Ava's mouth. Which she could do on her own, but I guess it wasn't as fun watching her eat them by herself.

While down there we were able to go snorkeling. There just happened to be a coral reef right in front of our hotel. Another day Josh and I went para sailing. The scaries
t part wasn't actually being up in the air, it was going on the jet ski to get to the boat. I was terrified that the driver was going to hit a wave the wrong way and I would flop into the water. But mostly during the trip we took it pretty easy and chilled by the pool/ocean.

Josh and I loved getting to spend time with everyone. We are so grateful for the family that we have and wish they all lived closer. Thanks John and Shelby for making this all possible. We hope you had as much fun as we did!

By the way, I realized once I got home that I really didn't take that many pictures. I guess I was just having too much fun! So if you want to see more pics, check out my super cute sister-in-law's sites (Kassie, Saskia, and Ashley). They were much better at taking pictures than me :)

6 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Wow I miss y'all! I wish we could have hung out more while we were there... definitely at Christmas. :) Ava was a doll. I'm glad she wasn't still freaked out by me at the end of the trip. When did y'all go parasailing? did you like it? sounds like a nasty trip home.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Those tu tu's are so dang cute! The 4 little cousins look so adorable. Looks like a super fun time for everyone. Be seeing you very soon.

Natalie said...

How fun! That is awesome. All my friends are taking trips to Mexico... I guess I should go, huh:) I am glad you had fun, I love the pics. Sorry about the ride home, that's so sad.

MelissaS said...

So glad your trip was awesome. And that (most) everything went smooth. Now I really want to go there. We'll have to get together once you get back from your other trip!
ps–how cute are the tutu outfits?! adorable!
pps–major props to Josh for leaving the laptop at work!

KaraLee Anderson said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! I wish we could get away to someplace warm. Ava is soooo cute and it looks like her hair is getting darker.

Ashes said...

You know you can always "right-click" photos from others blogs and steal them! So take any pics you want!
Ash