Halloween '09

11.03.2009

This past week my wonderful mother decided to fly down for Halloween. More to come on that visit in a future post. But I wanted to make sure I posted pics of Halloween before it got much later. Hope you're sitting down because you won't be able to take your eyes off of the computer screen for awhile. Ava and Reid are just that cute!


Lucky for us, Reid was able to fit in the same costume that Ava wore her first Halloween. That costume was the best $2 I spent (thanks ebay!).


Any guesses on who Ava dressed up as?


Maybe these "slippers" will give it away.


My little princess told me that for Halloween she wanted to be a blue princess so she could dance and twirl. Sidenote, Ava thinks if she puts her fingers in her ears and screams "I can't hear you!", that she doesn't have to do what you ask.


What a little lady we have. It's kinda hard to see in the picture, but she's trying to walk up the stairs.


I don't know where this came from, but Ava laid down and told me to take a picture.


Here is a picture of my beautiful mother and the gang.


Gosh, could I open my mouth any wider?


That's better.


On Friday we attended our ward's Halloween party. We couldn't believe it, but our chili won the golden ladle. Five years ago our chili won at our BYU married ward (it's the exact same recipe), but I figured it was because in college no one knows how to cook. We're trying to find the perfect place to display our award.


The next night we went downtown to go trick or treating. The weather was perfect. Notice that we are not wearing jackets or long sleeves for that matter.


Ava sure loved having Grandma take her around trick or treating. I think Grandma enjoyed it just as much!

6 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Kylie has been calling McKay mr moo moo... that's all i could think of when I saw Reid in his costume. :) that and that my niece & nephew are really cute.

Laurie & Clint said...

your kids are so dang cute. I was noticing in these pictures that Ava looks a lot like your mom. looks like you guys had a fun halloween!

Jared and Krysten said...

How fun! Did Ava share any of her candy? So cute- can't wait to play with both of them come Christmas

Korey said...

Laurie - my mom is going to be smiling from ear to ear after reading your comment! We had a few people make that same comment this past week.

Diane said...

Ava + candy = TROUBLE!!! Not a good combination. Found that out in person. Sugar is not her friend. Had a great time w/Ava and Reid.

Kristin said...

Cinderella, aka Ava is ADORABLE! I LOVE reusing costumes! Jeffrey was able to wear the skunk costume he wore last year! Thank goodness for small children!