3 cooks in the kitchen

12.22.2010

Is it wrong to love your kitchen island? I am loving having this much useable work space. When the kids heard I was going to make some cookies, I had 2 very eager little helpers. After putting on their aprons, both kiddos pushed their chairs up to the island and were ready to help with the Christmas baking. Some of you might have noticed that Reid is wearing Ava's apron. Actually they are both her aprons, he doesn't care which one he gets as long as she gave him one.


Reid and I come from the same pod. He loves anything chocolate and anything sweet. Once the cookies were done, I gave one to each kid. After giving the cookie a few test licks, Reid took the cookie and shoved the entire thing in his mouth! It took a bit, but the kid was able to get it all down.

After dinner we took a few plates of cookies around to our new neighbors. Some of them were not home and Ava responded, "Do we get to eat their cookies now?!!!" I think we might need to work a little more on the idea that giving is better than receiving :)

This has nothing to do with making cookies, but I thought this was pretty funny. Sometime this afternoon Reid came over and stole my phone out of my pocket. He likes turning it on and off and pretending to call Nana. A few hours later I realized my phone wasn't in my pocket and went looking for it. I couldn't find the thing anywhere. Then I remembered my little boy had been playing with it, so I turned to him and asked if he knew where my phone was. He responded with a grunt (in Reidy language that means yes). He then took me over to the window and pointed at the plantation shutters. I open the shutters to find that Reid had stuck my phone between the shutters and the window. He was so proud that he remembered where it was.

2 comments:

Greg & Mary said...

I love Reid's adorable smile in that picture. He looks so excited to help.
Glad you're in your new house for the Holidays! What a great was to spend Christmas!

Jared and Krysten said...

Can't wait to see the house- an island and two ovens- WOW you a one lucky lady!!!