We were thankful for Thanksgiving!

12.19.2010

I could not not post the pictures from Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time getting to spend the holiday with my side of the family. We were hoping to have everyone over at our new house. Didn't happen. But thankfully Josh's parents graciously welcomed my parents and my sister's family into their home. And we were able to celebrate it together. It just so happened that 2 days after everyone left we finally closed on our house. Bummer that it wasn't one week earlier. Now that things are getting a little more settled, I have some time to update our blog. So with less than a week before Christmas, here are our Thanksgiving pics :)

Here is the whole gang getting ready to fill their bellies. The food was so good. I am very grateful that my sister and mom gave such a helping hand. There is no way I could of pulled this whole thing off without them.


Ava even helped with the big feast. She made little turkeys for the place settings.


My parents took Ava to go see Tangled. Ava loved the whole thing except anytime the mean witch would appear. Here she is pretending to be Rapunzel.


Most people I talk to think we're crazy, but I love this tradition. If it happens to not be my family's turn for Christmas, we exchange the gifts we are giving each other for Christmas during Thanksgiving. For reals. That way my parents can see the grandkids open the presents they got for them. I personally think it's great. I get half of my Christmas shopping done early. And the kids don't get everything all at once on Christmas day.


The boys are at such a fun stage right now. My mom even got into playing with all the boy toys. To Jared's dismay, Cole even enjoyed getting to play with Ava's girlie necklaces. Which is also a favorite of Reid's.


Both of the boys have just started to really get into books. Here is Grandma reading a book to Cole and Reid.


Here are the happy grandparents soaking in every minute with their grandkids.


Here are 2 little buddies.



We had such a wonderful time getting to see everyone!

1 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

We had Christmas with my parents Sunday night. :) and I'm so excited to see y'all in just a few days!