Birthday Girl

5.08.2008

Here's the birthday girl!

This past weekend we celebrated Ava's 1st birthday.


Since her birthday fell on a Sunday, we decided to do the activity on Saturday. Ava didn't mind cuz she got 2 full days to party!


I really wanted to try to find something to do that Ava could participate in. So we decided to take her to a place called The Jungle. It's sort of like Chuck E. Cheese. They have a special toddler area where you have to be under 3 to play. Ava had so much fun getting to crawl around to all the different toys. Below is a picture of Josh and Ava enjoying the ball pit.


Notice how Ava is the only kid there. It totally pays off to be there when the place opens in the morning! She could go anywhere and not have to worry about being trampled.


This next picture it taken once the ride stopped. You can tell by her expression that she is relieved it's over because she was totally scared for her life the entire ride.



But her most favorite thing was...


Once Ava was done playing around Josh and I decided to trust our luck at the arcade. Together we won over 240 tickets. Oh yeah!


The following pictures are from her actual birthday. Here is a picture of the birthday girl that morning. I'm quite proud of the birthday banner I made.

I don't have any pictures of her opening her presents. But if you ever come over to our apartment we'll be happy to play it for you...we videotaped the whole thing! Below is Ava enjoying a few of her birthday presents.


A family that plays together, stays together!


The birthday girl and her dad on their way to church.


That's right. She's got a bow for a hat...jealous?


I promise the cupcakes looked a whole lot better yesterday...before I put the lid over the cookie sheet. That's why they all look a little smeared. But it didn't affect the taste!

This picture may be a little misleading, because it looks like she's enjoying her cake. Which isn't true! She actually would not even eat it. Every time we would try to give her a taste, she would immediately spit it out. She found it more fun to pulverize it and smear it all over her hair.


I guess it was her birthday and she could eat cake if she wanted to!


I did try giving her a piece of cake the next day and she ate it all. So I think she didn't like it at first because she had never had it before.

Hope you had a happy birthday little girl, because we sure had fun celebrating with you!

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Cute pictures! Happy Birthday Ava!

Natalie said...

She is a doll! I am so happy for you! The year goes by fast huh. I have as you know, Ella who is 2 1/2... and then a week and a half old baby and it is already going to fast for me. I love to savor every minute!!! The party looked great! Congrats to you guys on being such a good mom and dad!

Anonymous said...

Yea, birthday pictures! I am really impressed you braved "The Jungle". Glad Ava's birthday went so great. Looks like it was super fun. (and your cupcakes look super smooth. Did you make the frosting? I would love the recipe.
Cannot wait to hangout again.

Scott and Stef said...

First birthdays are always the best, I can't believe she is already a year old! She is really a cutie!
oh, by the way, Scott is getting a Phd in Behavioral Science (from the psychology deptartment).