Palace of the Legion of Honor

5.28.2008

Yep, you read the title right. This past weekend the whole fam decided to visit a local palace. The Legion of Honor Palace is located on the northwest corner of the San Francisco peninsula. It has gorgeous fews of the Pacific Ocean, the Golden Gate Bridge and the bay. Can you seriously imagine getting to live here? I guess the mega rich people that once called this home donated it to the city of SF once they died. Now it has been turned into an art museum.


After 30 minutes of driving around trying to find parking, standing in line for another 20 we finally made it inside the museum. To quickly discover that I had left my camera in the car. I seriously almost cried. But my sweet husband quickly ran to the car before that could happen. Thanks to Josh, you all get to the super sweet pics I took of Dale Chihuly's glass sculptures. They are gorgeous!

I couldn't believe just how large and detailed each piece was.



Wouldn't you love to have this hanging over your dining room table?



This was my favorite piece. It is called "The Sun"...for good reason.



Ava had a blast at the museum. Especially when she realized that her voice echoed in the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit. I totally wish they allowed us to take pictures of the scrolls, but something about them being over thousands of years old and very fragile. We actually got to see Genesis verses 1-9 dealing with the creation. Amazing.


On the way out we stopped to take a pic of the Golden Gate Bridge. This is a view looking into the bay. Seriously, can you imagine living in that palace?

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

What a fun place to go. Those sculptures are amazing.

Fenima said...

Korey, I never knew about this place. Your husband is so sweet; he deserves a gold medal. I love my camera too; I think more so now that I blog. Ava was probably on top of the world to see all the grand pieces with bright colors. I should take Kai there. What a fun week-end.

Mardee Rae said...

Wow, who knew this place existed? It sounds so great. I'm totally going to take my fam there. Do you know how long the Chihuly stuff will be there? You got some great shots. And good job to Josh for getting your camera. Have I told you I love your blog?