The duel of the Davids

5.21.2008


So I must admit that I had a hard time watching American Idol last night. I got so nervous during David Cook's performances that I had to hold off eating my dinner until he finished singing. What's up with his performances last night? I liked his song choices, but it sure seemed like his nerves got the best of him. Going into Tues. nights show I had no doubt that David Cook had a chance to win the whole thing. But after watching the show, don't tell Josh this, I think Mr. Archuleta might just win. Josh and I have taken opposite sides during the whole season. Josh keeps restating that "A household divided shall not stand." Ugh! David Cook better win or I will not hear the end of it! Don't get me wrong, I think Archuleta is an amazing singer, but there really hasn't been a song of his that I have wanted to buy. I guess I am just more of a fan of David Cook's genre. I am dying to watch the show tonight, but I'll probably check online before the show airs over here in Cali. I hate how they drag the finale out for 2 excruciating hours!

4 comments:

Laurie & Clint said...

I felt so bad for david cook when he started tearing up last night after his third performance that i almost voted for him! I stayed strong though and voted for the little cutie pie David A about 20 times. Hooray little david!

MelissaS said...

My mom and I fight about the Davids! She thinks David A is going to win it all, but I don't think he is relevant in today's music market (although, he is probably the better singer of the two) or at least, his singing style (song choices) are not my thing. I thought David Cook did great last night!
And I will probably be peeking at the results, too! :)

MelissaS said...

Oh, and your new blog layout is cute!

Korey said...

Okay, I sneaked a peek of the results before it aired last night. I couldn't believe what I read! David Cook won...no joke! But in a weird way I feel bad for little David. I wish they both could of won.