Princess in training

7.08.2008

We just got back from a fun filled trip down to Orange County. When I went to extract pics from our camera, I was shocked to see we had taken almost 250 pics in a week and a half. I have a lot of pics to weed through and edit. The following pics were taken at the end of June.

Here's our little princess in her cute tutu onesie. Doesn't she know that tantrums don't work on former elementary teachers...aka mom.


This little girl decided it was more fun to play the piano with her feet. Why not?


If you're going to play with your feet, why not play with both feet?


Ava is such a smart little girl. This morning Josh was getting ready to leave for work. He turned and asked Ava if she could go and get his shoes. She walks over to our huge pile of shoes and picks up a shoe. Not just any shoe, the exact shoe Josh wears to work. After bringing it over to him she walks back to the pile and retrieves the matching pair. We've also asked her to bring us books, water bottles and such, and she knows exactly what we're talking about. I am always amazed by this little girl. I can't believe how much they can understand at such a young age.

Also, little miss smartie pants is starting to understand sign language. Not only does she understand when we do them, but she does the signs herself. She can sign the words eat, bath, bed, more, drink, and all done. Even though we've only taught her a few words, it has been super helpful being able to communicate with her. I totally recommend trying it!

5 comments:

Saskia said...

Oh my goodness, Ava is starting to look like a little girl! She looks so much older to me...and she's adorable! I love those pigtails!

MelissaS said...

Look at those pigtails! Too cute.
We did some signs with Livs and it totally helped with communication. We used 'signing times with alex and leah". Its a great program!
Can't wait to see what you were up to in the OC.

Coordination Queen said...

LOVE the hair! Kylie used to play the piano exactly like that. :)

Natalie said...

What a cutie!!!!! I always love your posts and the commentary!!!! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashes said...

Shes so pretty! It was fun to see you guys! What a smartie pants, thanks for the websites, and I have been totally reading them and I am starting the sign language with Maddie too!