I am happy to announce that I finished reading Breaking Dawn yesterday. Don't worry, I'm not going to give any of the story away. I liked the book, but I didn't love it like I did the 1st and 3rd one. The last few hundred pages were really good. I'm sad to see the series come to an end. But she could easily write more books about the other characters.
Last week Ava and I and a few friends headed over to Tilden Park. You don't know, or maybe you do know just how relaxing it is to be surrounded by pine trees and a cool breeze. Sometimes the breeze was a little too cold! This park is awesome. It has a carousel, botanical gardens, petting zoo, a lake, and the reason we went there was to ride the steam trains. The trains are miniature size, just perfect for the little ones. And only 2 bucks per ride with 2 and under riding free. Do they know they could charge more? I'm not going to tell them :)
My little passenger had no idea was in store for her.
Do you notice there are no seatbelts. The sides of the train aren't even tall enough to stop a fly from falling out of the speeding train. So Ava had no choice but to sit on my lap the entire ride.
Don't worry, this isn't smoke. Remember, it's a steam train! Thanks goodness.
I'm trying some new hair products; wind, rain and more wind...like?
Here's a little better picture. We rode the train twice. The first time Ava had no idea what was going on and was completely silent. But by the second ride she couldn't stop from jabbering.
If any of you are in the area, you should totally check out the steam trains. I really need to find time to check out the other attractions at the park!
Choo choo
8.11.2008
Posted by Korey at 10:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that looks like so much fun! Man I wish it was that cool here. I would love to be wearing jackets.
How fun! Ava is getting so big, she is such a cute girl! We hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment