After visiting the science museum I thought it would be nice to stop by the beach. It was only about 10 blocks west of us and the weather was pretty warm...for SF. Upon walking up to the beach we were met with this sign. Nice.
It was just gorgeous weather outside. The beach was packed. Gorgeous weather at the coast doesn't happen too often.
Here's the fam trying to decide if they are brave enough to touch the freezing water.
It wasn't too bad. There were actually people running into the water in their swimsuits. I would say that they were a little too optimistic. But the kids sure loved getting to splash in the water.
Here is the last picture we will ever have of Reid's adorable hat. A few minutes later a crazy wave came up and overshot the previous waves by at least 20 feet. It even hit people sitting on the dry sand. We were barely touching the previous waves with our feet, so I had to quickly pull Reid out of the water because the water level was now at my knees. In the shuffle Reid's hat fell off and is now one with the sea. Sadness. I liked that hat.
Thankfully Josh was right near Ava when the whole wave fiasco happened and was able to make sure she was safe. I still have thoughts of what could of happened. If we weren't right next to her. If she had ran further out to touch the waves like she had done previously. I'm just so glad she was okay.
So if you happen to find yourself at a beach near SF, pay attention to the warning signs. The waves and rip currents have been known to be pretty harsh. I think we'll stick to the calmer beaches next time!
3 comments:
Oh my! Glad y'all are ok! That is crazy.
Oooh, so crazy. That beach is definitely so scary and sooo crowded!
I just heard on the news that Ocean Beach is the most dangerous beach in the whole state of CA. And to top that off, these past few weeks are the most dangerous of the year! Crazy. Wish I knew that beforehand.
Post a Comment