3 weeks from today we will be no longer residents of CA. Hold on a second, I just got a mini panic attack. I just have a lot to do before then! The sad news is we will have to leave all of our friends that we've gotten to know here these past 5 years. You guys are awesome! I have been worrying for weeks about how Ava is going to cope with the move. She's at that age now that she is actually developing friendships and I know she's going to miss her cute buddies. We sure are going to miss them. But the good news is that we are moving closer to family. So I know that will make the transition go much smoother.
Any guesses which parent or sibling are the lucky ones? For some weird reason no one in our family live in the same town, or within 6-8 hours of each other. So you've got 6 options. We could be moving to southern CA, WA, ID, UT, SC or Germany. We've finally decided it was time to try and see how Josh's company does out in (make your guess before you look) this super awesome place! Josh has already got a studio space up there and we're really excited for this new chapter for our family. So here's my question for you all. If you had 3 weeks left in sunny California, what would you make sure to do?
3 more weeks in sunny California
6.04.2010
Posted by Korey at 12:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
GO TO THE BEACH!!!! That's what I would do for sure. Soak up all the sun and then bring it this way. Oh and go to H&M because we these parts don't have one. So excited that you are going to be closer :)
My first reaction was that you guys are crazy to leave... but then I remembered how ridiculous CA has gotten. Good luck in Utah!
Go to Valley Medlyns for breakfast in Danville. That's what I would do.
You've done the Mystery Spot so you are set. Ha!
Here's some ideas:
Disneyland--there is tons to do for even Ava sized kids.
Yosemite!!! If you got an early enough start it could be a long daytrip or I have heard good things abt Evergreen Lodge if you want to overnight it and not camp.
Zoo--You should try and use your membership at least once. ;)
Six Flags Vallejo--never been but I have heard it's great with the littles.
Tahoe--you know how I feel about this place. Are you much of outdoors people? There's great easy hikes all around! Otherwise it's a great drive to and around the lake.
Big Sur-- it's an incredible drive and there are some nice beaches, too. We liked Pfeiffer most, though there are some with waterfalls, too. You could ck out Hearst Mansion too.
U pick Strawberry patches by the beach.
H&M! Ha.
Alcatraz.
Muir Woods.
Walk the Golden Gate Bridge
Hooray! Now it will be easier to see you!(even though I don't live in Utah) I don't think I have seen you since you guys moved away 5 years ago. Good luck with the move!
I was kind of hoping I'd see a big fat SC when I clicked on the link... even though I already knew. :)
Hurray and welcome back to UT! Somewhere close to American Fork, maybe? :)
You should've brought the kiddo's to Disneyland this week with us!! (Shoot, wish I would've thought of that earlier!)
But tell little Ava that she will have Caleb living sooooo close to her now and they can be buddies!
Korey,
that is so exciting that you are moving. where in utah are you moving to? we live in Lehi. i would love to see you and your kiddos sometime. good luck with every thing.
renee geslison
Butterfly house - at sea world, if it is still there.
Post a Comment