In the market for a new tv

3.23.2011

Repairs will cost more than it actually cost to purchase the tv.


Ewww is right Reid! Let me get this straight, our brand new tv was destroyed within the first 3 months of use. Is this how long flat screens usually last :) Any tips on how to proof your tv from your overly rambunctious toddler? (We would put our tv over the fireplace but the mantel is almost as tall as I am) Can you ever buy anything nice when you have kids?

5 comments:

jeffrey said...

who let the dogs out!

Diane said...

Any possibility of it being covered under your homeowners ins???

MelissaS said...

Did you buy the TV with a credit card? Some credit cards have item protection, I think...in particular, I am thinking Amex does.

Sorry about your TV. Ideas for protection--putting it on a taller TV stand or mounting it high on the wall. Or I had a friend that baby-gated hers with a Superyard. Or just buy that poor neglected boy a toy so he doesn't have to play with metal kitchen tools. Kidding.

Korey said...

Melissa, you've given me some good ideas! I never even thought about a baby gate. Josh is leaning towards getting a wall mount. Those things are not cheap either!

Coordination Queen said...

I'm a huge fan of the wall mount... Keeps little hands away. Yes the mounts are spendy, but a new tv costs more. :)