Carving pumpkins is a pain! So Josh and I both decided we did not want to carve Ava's pumpkin too. And plus, I wanted her to be able to be a part of decorating her pumpkin. Since Ava loves to draw, I decided to get a package of permanent markers.
Ava was very particular about what color she used and exactly where she was going to use it on her pumpkin. One by one she would pick a different marker, twirl the pumpkin until she found the perfect sport, and then be inspired. Seriously, sometimes she would only do a small line and then ask for another color. She cracks us up.
Ava was very particular about what color she used and exactly where she was going to use it on her pumpkin. One by one she would pick a different marker, twirl the pumpkin until she found the perfect sport, and then be inspired. Seriously, sometimes she would only do a small line and then ask for another color. She cracks us up.

Here we just asked Ava where her pumpkin was.

There it is!

Ava is so proud of her pumpkin. Everytime we go outside she runs over to her pumpkin and asks "What's that?" And then proceeds to give it a hug.

If you don't remember, last year Josh carved Master Chief from the Halo video game. This year he stayed along the same lines and carved an Xbox controller. I am always so impressed with Josh's pumpkins because he draws up his own pattern.

On the other hand, I find a picture of a carved pumpkin online, and then ask Josh to draw it on for me. I would do it myself, but it takes him mere seconds. But I did carve it all by myself! I'm quite proud of the results.
2 comments:
Great pumpkins! Ours are still sitting uncarved and undecorated. Oops.
Way cute pumkins! Poor Caleb, we didn't do pumpkins this year. How sad is that.
Ava does make a cute bee too. I'm impressed at the vocabulary she has! Caleb says 3 things...Mom, Up and Kitty (which sounds more like "Key")
Post a Comment