Straight from the mouth of Ava and Reid

5.31.2010

Here are a few things that have come out of Ava's mouth this past week.

Ava and I were talking about what a big girl she is now. I mentioned that I was a big girl too; Ava beg to differ. This is Ava's response.
Ava: Mommy, you're not a big girl.
Me: Then what am I?
Ava: You're a bad boy.

I think this conversation is pretty self-explanatory.
Me: Ava, did you just toot?
Ava: Yeah. I toot all the time.

You might all be questioning why I put Reid's name in the title of this post. You might not believe me, but here's what went down.

To give you a little background, Josh and I have been trying to teach Reid a few signs (American Sign Language). Reid is one of the loudest babies I know, especially when he sees something he wants. We just needed to lower the decibels in our home...for our sanity! Now he doesn't get so frustrated when we can't figure out what he wants. Totally worth it.

Back to the story. After eating lunch I was asking him if he was "all done" or if he wanted "more". He quickly did the "more" sign. Then I asked him if he wanted "more food" or "more drink". After I asked the question he did the sign for "more" and then said "Mama". He got so many hugs and kisses after that that he probably regretted giving that response! I love these kids!

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I love it! More Mama! That is fabulous. :)

MelissaS said...

More Mama! Too cute!
I have started to sign with Elijah, too! Seriously, what is with these boys volume levels!?!?!?