Adults only

2.23.2008

Don't worry, this is a G-rated post! After 9 months of not going on a date, Josh and I decided it was about time we did something about it. We got a taste of the good life while we were home for Christmas when my parents babysat Ava so we could go on a date. Since none of our family has moved near us, we needed to take action. We decided to set-up a babysitting swap with another couple in our ward. Sorry Ava, but Josh and I were looking forward to our date night all week! Last night we dropped Ava off and ran to the door as fast as possible to enjoy every minute of our date :)

We decided it would be fun if we took turns planning our dates. This week was my turn. Our first stop was Color Me Mine, a pottery painting place.


Here is my super cute husband decorating his mug. Josh had big plans for his mug, but after a few minutes of actually painting it he decided his designs were a little ambitious and toned them down.


Here I am with my mug. It takes a whole week for them to put it in the kiln. I don't know if I can wait that long!


Here we are showing off our works of art. Josh and I both did mugs and then Josh also painted a syrup pourer. Mmmm...syrup!

The pottery place was really fun. It was actually quite relaxing sitting there and just painting and talking to my husband...and not having to keep an eye of what Ava's getting into! After painting our pottery we went to Beni Hana to eat dinner. It is so much fun getting to watch the chef cook your food right in front of you. The people who joined us at our table were really nice, and loud, and drunk! I don't know if they knew that Beni Hana is a restaurant and not a bar! Usually during the meal, the chef will try to toss shrimp into your mouth with his spatula. Josh and I were quite looking forward to see how our fellow dinner guests would perform. But I guess the chef realized that the outcome wouldn't be good, so he just split the shrimp up on our plates.

Here we are after dinner and excited to be getting out of there! Don't get me wrong, the food was delicious, especially their onion soup. But maybe next time we should go to dinner a little earlier when it is more family friendly!

Thanks again Melissa and Justin for watching our little girl. Can't wait to do it again!

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

What a fun date night! Ours is next weekend! WOOHOO!!!

Natalie said...

That is so fun!! I think maybe twice or three times only, for a very very short time Josh and I have been out on a date or errands without Ella in two years. We are bad, we need to switch or have someone babysit. It's fun to see your updates. Talk to you soon.

Ashes said...

You definitely need date night! That sounds like a lot of fun.