I think Josh will be excited to know that he no longer is the messiest eater in the family. I don't know what I was thinking, but I thought it would be fun to have Ava start to feed herself. After thinking about just how long it will take me to clean up the mess she'll make, I still gave her the spoon. After many unsuccessful attempts of trying to pick up the yummy apple yogurt with her hands, she actually tried using the spoon. She would dip the spoon into the yogurt and then try to get the spoon in her mouth. Bless her little heart, but she couldn't get very much in. So I got a spoon too...so she wouldn't starve. When she was all done eating, she placed both spoons in the bowl and left them there.

You'll get more food if you turn the spoon around Ava!

Perfect form! I give you a 10 out of 10!!!

Instead of smiling, Ava likes to pucker her lips.

I promise Ava's sippy cup wasn't filled with any alcholic drinks!
5 comments:
Cute!!! It's so fun to have kids huh!!! Also its so much fun with FIRSTS! I know I will totally enjoy having Abby feed herself for the first time when she is here and old enough:) I love the pics! Ava is almost one years old huh!!! Crazy, time flies! I will have a 2 1/2 yr. old and a new baby the same time you have your cutie turn 1!!!!
Look at those cheeks! I've never seen them quite like that. At least she isn't smearing the food on herself on purpose yet... :)
Messy, indeed, but too cute. If she doesn't quite have the spoon thing down yet, you could try those Lil' Dippers from Gerber. http://www.gerber.com/prodcat?catid=572
Livs did great with those.
Melissa - That's a great idea. It will give me another reason to go to Target!
Oh shes soooo cute! She has gotten so much bigger since we last saw her.
Post a Comment