You read that right! I don't think we have had a completely free Saturday the whole year. So when Josh and I realized that we had no prior obligations, well besides chores, we decided to ignore our chores and do something fun! Maybe go on a little family outing. Ava has been rocking it with potty training all week. We decided to take her over to Tilden Park and see if she could handle a 3-4 hour trip. And she did. She still rocks! Oh, and she's still super cute!
It has been raining in the Bay Area for the past 3 months, so we were pretty lucky to get such a gorgeous view of the bay.
Here's a close up. For those of you not familiar with the area, I've labeled the picture for you :) We were up in the hills above Berkeley.
First stop was the Steam Train. Ava was more than excited to get to ride "her" train. "Daddy has a train (Bart). Ava has a train (the steam train). Mommy where's your train?" I guess I'm not cool enough to have my own train.
Reid would not look at the camera once during the whole outing. There was just too much for him to look at. Hmph!
Here is the steam train and the conductor.
After the steam train we headed over to the Merry Go Round. Ava was complaining of hunger, so it was the perfect place for our picnic. Luckily for Josh, the Merry Go Round also has a little food court because his sandwich accidentally got put back in the fridge instead of the cooler.
You know it's been a great lunch when you have cheese all over your face.
So here's the Merry Go Round. Sorry to the guy bending down in the middle of my picture. I sure hope that no one has a picture of me doing that on their site!
Ava couldn't wait to get to ride the horse.
Isn't she looking so big in the picture? We haven't really ever taken Ava on any rides before, so I was a little nervous about how she would handle it. The Merry Go Round gets going pretty fast. But I had nothing to worry about because she did great. I'm such a worrier.
Our last stop was the Little Farm. Yep, it's in Tilden Park too. Isn't this park awesome?! There is a Botanic Garden in the park too that I've been wanting to go to. Maybe another weekend :) I'm so excited to post this next picture because this is the first time that Ava has ever feed any of the animals by herself. If you don't count throwing the food at the animals, thus making them eat it off of the ground.

I wish we had it on video, but after the cow ate the celery Ava was jumping up and down with complete excitement.
I sure hope we can have more weekends like this.
3 comments:
Looks like a very fun time was had by all! Sunshine, trains, farm animals, merry go rounds, lunch and lots of smiles all around.
I need to do that... to heck with chores!!! Looks like you guys had so much fun!! btw, every time I see pictures of the Bay Area, I LONG to go there!
I love that last picture, you can just see her excitement! I would love to ditch the chores one saturday.
Post a Comment