After picking up our pumpkins from a local fruit produce stand (love them!) it was pumpkin carving time. For the past few years we have played it safe and only allowed Ava to color on her pumpkin. But this year we decided to pull up our britches and bring out the knives (more like the barbie sized sword). Below is Team Reidy.
As you can tell, Reid didn't quite know what to do at first.
Much better little buddy.
Here is Team Ava. Ava was totally disgusted by the pumpkin innards at first, but then she totally dove right in and wanted to help.
This year we let Ava design her own pumpkin face. I personally think she did an awesome job.
The finished products. Reid was still a little confused about what was going on!
Any guesses on who was the inspiration behind Reid's pumpkin? Look no further than Reid himself. Notice how the pumpkin only has 5 teeth; same as Reid. And yes Kassie, Reid does only have 5 pearly whites. Ava and myself were the same way.
Well there you go. Hope everyone else has a great time getting to carve their pumpkins. Here's a little tip that made the whole experience go a whole lot smoother. I picked up a plastic tablecloth from the dollar store this year. After everyone is done with their master pieces you just gather the whole thing up and throw it in the trash. Nothing easier than that! Oh, and who else uses those battery operated candles inside their pumpkins? Aren't they great?!
2 little pumpkins
10.26.2010
Posted by Korey at 11:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ava did a great job with her design! I love it! And Reid makes a cute pumpkin :)
Your pumpkins look fabulous! And I'm sure his 5 teeth are VERY sharp. ;) I'm seriously so excited to see y'all soon!
Post a Comment