Halloween had a little attitude this year. Around 3pm the rain came and just didn't stop untill 5-ish. Seeing a break in the rain we got the kids ready and started taking them around the neighborhood. We had only gone to a few houses when the rain came back in full force accompanied by wind, thunder and lighting. Boo! After returning home and feeling pretty bummed, we decided to have a little dinner. Shortly after, the clouds parted and it was perfect outside. The rain was gone and the temp was just right (for Utah), so we gathered the kids and went for round two. Here are the kids all dressed and ready to go.
Here's our very own Tinkerbell.
Ava was over the moon excited to get to wear her costume. Here she is showing Reid the awesomeness of her costume. Can you believe I found those wings at the Dollar Tree for just a buck. They match perfectly! I couldn't of made wings cheaper than that!
Arg, here's our wee little pirate.
Can you believe I got this costume for only $3.49 off Ebay. Might I add the tags were still on it and it had never been worn. For reals! I did end up sewing his pirate hat. Which I'd like to thank my little pirate for wearing it the entire night.
{knock, knock}
{ahhhh! Someone's coming}
{trick or treat} or {treeeeee!} as Reid like to say.
We had multiple people mention just how much Ava made their entire Halloween. Check out the video to see why. Here we are going trick or treating to our next door neighbors. Love them. They are just the sweetest. The password is Halloween.
Ava seriously jumped up and down at almost every house we went to. A few of the neighbors even asked Ava to spread a little pixie dust with her wand and she happily obliged. We absolutely had a blast getting to take the kids around this year. They both really got into the whole thing. It only took going to a few houses before Reid had the whole treat or treating process down. He would knock, yell "TREEEE!" (treat), pause for 10 to 15 seconds while he searched for the perfect treat, pick it out of the basket all by himself and them place it in his bag. Adorable.
The kiddies with all of their loot.
Happy Halloween!
3 comments:
I'm not showing my kids these pics. They will be super bummed they didn't get to go real trick or treating. :) I'm jealous your pirate wore his hat. My alien wouldn't even wear his for 2 seconds before it hit the floor.
Good job Ava and Reidy- save me some candy!!! So impressed by Reidy's knocking and "treeeee" skills and also impressed by Ava's jumping skills- she's thinking "They just give us candy... YAHOOOO!!!!!"
Love the costumes! They are two cute little trick-or-treaters!
Post a Comment