1 bedroom, 0 bath, free rent

4.18.2011

Ava's birdhouse is officially open for occupancy.


Almost everyday she has to check and see if any birds have set up shop. If she sees any birds, either in our yard or flying by, she will yell at them that the birdhouse is right over there! Any bird would be very lucky to call that their home :)


Here are a few funny conversations that we've had with Ava this past week. The first one happened after we had been working out in our yard this past weekend. Ava had earned 2 dollars for picking weeds with me and was happily counting her change and putting into her glittery, purple piggy bank. I look over and ask,

Me: What are you saving your money for?
Ava: A big car.
Me: A big car for what?
Ava: A big car for my kids.
Me: Huh. For your dolls?
Ava: When I'm a Mom my kids will need a big car.
That is going to be a pretty sweet ride if she's already saving for it now! By the way, that night Ava decided to spend a buck at the store to buy a package of Starbursts. So it might take her awhile to save enough money to reach her goal. Especially if she's spending half of what she earns.

The second conversation happened during dinner. Josh and I were discussing what would happen if we could see into the future. I finally said,
Me: Well, if you could see into the future then you wouldn't have any trials. And the only way we can grow is threw our trials. (oh yeah, I know, I'm smart...totally just kidding)
Ava: You do have childs! I'm a child and Reidy is a child.
Ha! We had to explain to her the difference between a trial and a child. And that she was in no way a trial :)

Lastly, this has nothing to do with Ava, but aren't these flowers gorgeous. Especially since they were picked from our yard. I have really enjoyed watching all the daffodils pop up all over the yard, especially since we've been having such a cold and wet April. It gives me hope that spring is on its way, even though at times I might doubt it. Also, I just noticed that the previous owners also planted tulips everywhere. So I can't wait till those start to bloom. Love having fresh flowers in the house. Especially when I don't have to go to the store and by them.

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I will send her the birds that are making a nest in my wreath on the front door.

I thought trial and child was synonymous. ;)

MelissaS said...

Her little birdhouse turned out great.

That story about trials/child is hilarious.

Hope your pregnancy is going well.

Diane said...

Any bird would be lucky to live in her pretty bird house! Nice job Ava!

Greg & Mary said...

Tell Ava, if I were a bird, I'd definately live in her bird house! It's beautiful!!