Pants are overrated

4.18.2011

The scene everyday in our house...including the boots. Anyone else have a kids who finds pants to be a complete bother? Thankfully he only goes pant-less at home.


Reid is talking more and more. He's repeating almost everything we say. Reid has officially been added to our family prayer rotation. He's pretty good at trying to repeat something that you whisper in his ear during the prayer. Today during Reid's prayer I whispered, "Bless Cole's leg to get better." Reid then says, "Owie!" (FYI - My nephew Cole broke his leg on Sunday and Reid knew that was a big owie)

Here's Reid proudly showing me that I forgot to leave his binky in his crib after his nap. Doesn't he realize if he points it out that it will get taken away!


That's better. Just curious, when did you decide to take away the binky for good? Right now Reid only has it during his nap and bedtime. I think we got rid of Ava's a little after she was 2. But then she quickly resorted to sucking on her fingers or chewing on her nails. Which totally gets on my nerves! Reid really looks forward to getting his binky at bedtime, so I'm worried if we take it away he'll resort to the finger sucking.

5 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Aiden would run around in his unders everyday if we let him. McKay started making me chase him to get him dressed, except for the shoes.

Ky threw hers away at 2. Aiden got his taken away around 20 ish months... the dentist said it had to go. So we cut the end of it off and he didn't want it because it was "broken". McKay still has his. IF I'm being slack he'll get it sometimes during the day, however, he actually tossed them into the crib after naptime today when I asked him to.

So sorry about Cole's leg. So sad.

Chris said...

About the pantless wonder -- I've observed that little boys only do what they've seen their dad do.... :)

KaraLee & I were paranoid about the kids getting hooked on binkies, so we took them away at about 6 months, so we're no help to you there. Perhaps if he had a bottle of root beer or something to help him sleep. Well, that would help ME sleep.

Korey said...

Thanks Chris! You're a lot of help! Major props to you and KaraLee for taking away the binky so early. I'm actually really impressed. And about boys going pantless. Does that mean that you are pantless at home too? I've seen Grant sporting the same look on your blog :)

Kas - Josh and I both had to laugh that Aiden hasn't outgrown the no pant look. Looks like Reid won't be losing it anytime soon either. I know with Ava we took her binky away 2 months after she was 2 years old. But Reid is still pretty toothless. Right now he's working on getting tooth #9 and #10 (it seriously takes months for his teeth to pop through). So I haven't been to worried since he only has 8 actual teeth. But I'm thinking when we move him into a toddler bed this summer, it would be a good time to take the binky away too.

Korey said...

Correction: Reid actually has 10 teeth. Hopefully soon he'll have 12.

Diane said...

I think the rain boots & t-shirt is a great look for Reid! And he can actually pull it off!