Going to Disneyland in 3 weeks. Any recommendations for a good pair of shoes (that won't look dorky with shorts) for a 5 month pregnant lady to tromp around the happiest place on earth?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Going to Disneyland in 3 weeks. Any recommendations for a good pair of shoes (that won't look dorky with shorts) for a 5 month pregnant lady to tromp around the happiest place on earth?
Posted by Korey at 3:47 PM
2 comments:
No suggestions, but I'm going to keep watching. I need a good pair for Europe.
Pairing good walking shoes with shorts is going to be tricky. You may just need to go dorky for a few days. :)
When I was pregnant with Elijah I wore my Pumas on the first day and my feet killed me by the evening. Like pain with every step. I wore my Chaco sandals the next day and didn't fare as bad, but my feet still hurt--probably residual pain from the first day.
Most recently, I broke my own rules and wore my running shoes (http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/EC1214794-5123146/Saucony/Silver_Black_Pink/Women's+ProGrid+Ride+3.aspx) the entire time. My feet mostly didn't hurt, just were tired.
So, I would recommend 1) a good pair of running shoes, not old worn out ones (they don't have to be scroungy to be worn out--running shoes only get about 300-ish miles out of them) with really great insoles. I think insoles might be the key. AND/OR 2) switching shoes daily or if you go back to your hotel just so the pressure on your feet change based on different shoes.
Lastly, don't forget about your little ones' tootsies--I always cringe when I see a little girl dressed in full princess gear, including those PLASTIC princess shoes. Can you imagine???
Anyways, that is my two cents. Or three. Do you like how I have definite opinions on this random subject matter.
Hope you guys have tons of fun.
Post a Comment