Cute cute cute! Can you believe how much older these kiddos have gotten? It was so much fun getting to have Cole visit us for the weekend.
These boys sure kept us busy. While Ava was away at Preschool, both boys spent most of the time yelling "Jump!" and then proceeding to jump off of the fireplace hearth. Reid did most of the jumping while Cole decided it was just more fun to say the word jumping while staying put.
The weather was beautiful while they were here (which makes it hard to look outside and see snow again). We spent a good portion of our time outdoors. We went to the park, went on a picnic for lunch, and played out in the backyard. Reid was the only child of the group that required a daily bath. I'm thinking it might be worth it to install a shower in the backyard.
One of the days during their visit we loaded up the crew and took them to the farm. Now I know it isn't quite up to par with what they have up in Idaho, at an actual farm, but it sure is fun for us city folk. The boys loved checking out the baby chicks. Good thing my kids can't read yet, because right on the glass there was a sign that said "FREE". Thankfully none of the cute chicks made it home with us :)
I have discovered that there are 3 animals that Reid is not afraid of at the farm. 1} baby chicks 2} ducks and 3} rabbits.
It might look like Reid is enjoying the sheep, but the moment any of the animals made any slight movement, he was out of there. Cole on the other hand was not afraid of any of the animals.
Ava was of course in animal heaven. She wouldn't even stop petting the horse for a picture.
No trip to the farm would be complete without a pony ride. Notice how she always picks the same horse to ride. I know they rotate the horses everyday, but Ava's favorite is always there. Do you notice Cole in the background?
This kid is going to know how to ride a horse way before he knows how to ride a bike!
Reid tried convincing me that he wanted to ride a horse too. His most used sentence nowadays is "Me too!" So I played along and let him stand in line with Ava and Cole. But once one of the horses let out a big snort, that kid split and didn't look back. But one thing he does enjoy is getting to ride on the carriage ride.
My sister and I had plenty of sisterly time. Especially due to the guys being so willing to watch the boys for us in the afternoon...during their naps :) They might have gotten in a nap of their own and gotten to play some Halo. But we really did appreciate being able to get away without the kiddos to do a little shopping.
One thing we did was put together a diaper cake for Jared's sister who just had a baby. She lives across the freeway from us. She loved it of course!
I love love love that we live so close now that we can get together for the weekend. I sure hope that we'll be able to fit in a few more visits before the baby comes this Sept. Ava and Reid have both been asking to go see the horses and chickens up in Idaho.
Cousin Time
4.04.2011
Posted by Korey at 3:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the new pics! The cousins look like they had a very fun time together! They are a good looking bunch!
nice pictures. can't wait to take these kiddos to the movies or the park for some swing time. i'll probable need a nap afterwards. thanks again.
So fun! I love that reid ran away from the horses. :)
Awesome pics! I didn't know you had taken all those and good ones to boot. We had a FUN time- Cole is shouting "Ava" and "Reidy" as I scrolled thru the pics :)
Post a Comment