We miss Daddy

3.13.2008

Recently when Josh leaves for work little Ava bug has started to cry. So yesterday we decided if Daddy wasn't going to come to us, we'd go to him! Not wanting to brave the Bart ride and the big scary city alone, we asked Melissa and her daughter Olivia to come too. Her husband also works at the same place as Josh. So along with Melissa and Olivia we took the trek into San Francisco. The Bart ride wasn't too bad. Ava was buckled in her stroller the whole time. I just had to remember to put the brake on!

Once in the city we walked the few blocks from the Bart station to Josh's new building. His company just moved to a new building a few weeks ago. Wow! Let me just say they sure moved up to a nicer place. They even have a doorman...well, doorwoman :)

Here is Josh and Ava at his desk. His desk is actually pretty boring. I need to get him some pictures to put up!



After showing us his desk, the next stop on the tour was of course the area where they get to play Xbox. It's just a little inlet right off the work area. But it has bean bags, a projector and of course an Xbox. Here is Ava and Olivia getting in on the fun.


After getting a tour of the new space it was time for lunch. My favorite sandwich place in the city is Boxed Foods. The Chicken Salad sandwich is worth the whole trek. The best part of the sandwich is that they add sliced apples on it. Interesting, but totally yummy! Enough about the sandwich, after grabbing our food we took it and ate outside at Union Square.


After dropping the boys back at work we decided to help jump start the economy. How can you not go into the city and go shopping. Especially since Josh's work is only a few blocks from all of the flagship stores. Flagship stores, for those of you who don't know, are stores were they get all the new merchandise first, carry more items, and are just huge. Gap and Old Navy have flagship stores in SF. The Old Navy store is 3 stories and a mile wide :) Okay, not really a mile wide, but I bet it's close. We spent an hour just at Old Navy. Let's just say by the end of the trip, Ava was exhausted. I don't know how she did it, because the Bart is pretty loud, but she slept halfway home.

7 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

What a fun adventure. I love her flower in her hair! too cute!

Ashes said...

That is quite an adventure. Hopefully when Maddie gets a little older she will be able to handle a day trip like that. Sounds like you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Love the daisy in Ava Bugs hair and her new styling lime green umbrella stroller. She and Olivia are two beautiful girls! Also love how Josh is holding onto her hands so she won't attack his keyboard at work! How fun that she got to visit daddy at work.

MelissaS said...

Lucky, your baby is sleeping!!! Ha.
I totally did not even notice that you could see David Beckham in my picture. Justin and I laughed so hard this morning when you pointed it out to us.

Saskia said...

How do you get her to leave those cute little flowers in her hair?? I hear she's one of the best babies on the planet...how did you ever do that?! (you'll understand my amazement once you meet anna's 22-month old incarnation again...)

Natalie said...

How fun! I did not go as far as you... but I went on an all day adventure shopping and lunch extravaganza too. I am pooped. I am so glad you had such a great day. Ella is just barely getting bugged or sad when her daddy goes to work... so sometimes I don't know what to do and just try and distract her. You guys look darling!

Fenima said...

Welcome to blogspot my dear, now posting a comment is only a click away. Fun that Ava had a bart adventure, and had luch with dad.