24 Years Ago

1.30.2009

24 years ago I was here...


This is how I reacted to the news of having a new sibling...


Yep, that's me at 2 1/2, sucking my thumb, with my blankie, in my NEW baby sister's bassinet. But who could stay mad at this little one.


So if you haven't already guess it, 24 years ago my little sister was born. Even though it was a hard transition for me (My first memories are of that exact date), I'm so glad that she was born. HAPPY BIRTHDAY little sis!


If it wasn't for you my entire childhood would of totally stunk! Who knew that having a little sister would be so much fun?!


It was awesome always having a sister to play with. Especially one that liked Barbies just as much as I did.


You're the only one who knows the humiliation of being a wrapped gift for Halloween. (We may be smiling on the outside, but we're not smiling on the inside)


We got married almost a year to the date apart.


And now we are both expecting little baby boys just over a month apart from each other.


Happy birthday and have fun blowing out your candles! I do remember being so impatient that I actually blew out your birthday candles for you. Boy did I get in trouble for that one! Also, here's a little tribute to my Grandma Kolb who just happened to share her birthday with Krysten.


I love you! Wish I was there to celebrate.

4 comments:

Jared and Krysten said...

Thanks for my birthday tribute- it made me feel very special! I am so lucky to have you for a sister and a friend. I used to wish I was the oldest so I could do things first, but now I'm so happy I'm the youngest cause I get to ask you about things...like being a mommy. Hopefully Ava greets her baby bro with a smile and doesn't dare him to stick his finger in the car cigarette lighter!

Anonymous said...

Very nice birthday tribute to your little sis. I always wished that I had a sister, but am very happy that I have two awesome daughters. Hey-those present Halloween costumes might not have been very comfortable-but they were dang cute. Get over the misery already! Love you both anyway.

Natalie said...

How cute! Tell her hi and happy birthday from me! You are a great sister you can tell Korey

BobandKristin said...

Korey, I haven't seen you since Freshman year at BYU, and Krysten, I haven't seen since she was in middle school--you two are such beautiful amazing women! Makes me wish I had a sister. Best of luck to both of you with your adorable babies!