Golden Gate Bridge

6.30.2008

Besides going to the beach and museum, we also took a little side trip to look at the Golden Gate Bridge. We sure packed a lot in for only a few days. You may notice that the following pictures are in B&W. Well, that's because I got a little frustrated in Photoshop. It's hard trying to get the bridge red but make sure the sky and ocean stay blue. I finally gave up.


The weather was beautiful in SF. And did you notice, no fog in sight!


There were dozens of sailboats throughout the bay. Josh mentioned something about how he'd like to go sailing. Inches away from sinking to my death does not sound appealing. Seriously, doesn't that guy in the picture look like he's going to get eaten by some creature of the sea any moment? Not my idea of a fun time.


From our location we had a great view of Alcatraz. Josh and I still haven't taken a tour of the most secluded prison. It's at the top of our list of things to go do in the bay area (I seriously do have a whole list of things to do)


I heard on the news that they are thinking of building a hotel on the island. Are they crazy? There's another thing I won't be doing!


The following pics were actually taken by my designer/painter/website developer/photographer/husband Josh. Ava was so interested in watching the sailboats. My mom actually had to hold on tight to the little tyke, because she kept wanting to walk off the edge to get closer to the action.


I just love skirts on little girls.


How cute is she? I just want to go give her a big squeeze!


This is totally the way to ride in SF. Each person actually has a little speaker so they can hear what the tour guide is saying. I actually really want to see how those things would take on the steep SF hills.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Natalie and I took that segway tour once. It was really fun. Surprisingly enough, they go up the hills real easily. The only problem was that they don't go fast enough.

Korey said...

Really?! Josh thinks it would a fun way to see the city. I wonder if they would allow Ava in a bjorn :)

Coordination Queen said...

Ava definitely needs a squeeze... can you give her one from me? :)

Fenima said...

Okay, I can't get enough of Ava...she is dang cute.

Kristin said...

I'd be afraid to go up the hills in that for fear of creating a domino effect. They look like total nerds, that I can't help but laugh... but I'd totally do it, and laugh the entire time.

The mall cops in Katy ride on those suckers... so maybe that taints my view.

Next time I'm in town, let's do it!